Sunday, March 1, 2009

# 56 Completed -- Feed the ducks the bread I save for them BEFORE it gets moldy!

Today, May 12, 2009 we took a walk looking for ducks to feed. I know, you are wondering how can any one person have enough stale bread to feed the ducks every week, right? Well, actually it isn't all stale, but I needed something so I took what was the stalest (is that even a word?). We saw a group of baby ducks (12 in all), but Mommy took them across to the other side of the creek, so we didn't get to feed them. We had some others takers though -- they can always use some bread!!!!

On May 6, 2009 I saw a Mother duck and 6 babies on my way to work. That evening, Gary and I walked down by the creek to see if we could find them and feed them some bread and crackers. We didn't find that duck, but we did find a Mother with 13 babies. I am sure spring with bring many more Mothers with the baby ducks!

Gary and I fed the ducks again on March 8, 2009 since it was such a lovely day! And no mold this time either!!!

Since the weather was snowy and cold this morning, I decided to go and feed the ducks the bread I had saved for them -- and guess what? It wasn't even moldy! There were many hungry ducks fighting for my bread. I am sure since Spring is right around the corner, I will be back to feed the ducks again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment