Thursday, April 23, 2009

#76 -- Try a new food

I NEVER thought I would eat rice, but I did and actually liked it. One of the service groups in town was having a fundraising soup luncheon and the two choices were bean soup and stuffed pepper soup. Well, I knew I wouldn't care for the bean soup so I selected the stuffed pepper soup. When it was delivered to me at school for lunch, I was surprised how good it smelled. When I opened it, I noticed it had rice in it. I am not sure what I was expecting because I know stuffed peppers often have rice in them, but I was a little shocked when I saw it in the soup. At first I tried to pick it out, but after a minute or two of that, I decided to just try it and I actually liked it. Now, would I fix rice for dinner tomorrow night -- NO; but at least I tried a new food and survived to write about it.

3 comments:

  1. omgsh! i love rice!! its like a main food group over here!! good job brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a major advocate of trying new foods. My daughters have eaten everything(healthy) that I could think of and so have I. I believe that makes you open to try other new things in life. My babies don't mind at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really you are the reason I hate rice! :) I heard you talk about it calling it.. well you know for years! kudos to you

    ReplyDelete